Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gigi Galli will not compete in Argentina, halts 07 program

18/04/07 - Gigi Galli and Aimont Racing Team stopped their program in the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship



Gigi Galli and Aimont Racing Team have decided not to compete in Rally Argentina, also due to the high costs of this race and to stop, for the moment, the program they got ready for the 2007 FIA World Rally Championship.

The decision has been taken today, after careful assessment by the driver and the team, because it hasn’t been reached the agreement with an important sponsor that would have supported the driver and the team in the next races.
Gigi Galli and Aimont Racing Team are grateful to Citroen Sport and PH Sport for their support in the races disputed so far and also to Pirelli and the Italian Federation ACI CSAI for their important contribution.
“I’m really sorry we have been obliged to suspend the program”, said Gigi Galli “Unfortunately we had no other choice at the moment. I thank Pirelli that has supported me and also ACI CSAI that gave a contribution to this program as well as Livigno and Valtellina. I’m sorry not to compete in Rally Argentina a race I’m fond of and I like a lot, also because of the podium place obtained there last year. I’d like to thank the organizers that tried to help me when they heard I was not going to compete there”.

“Unfortunately our sport depends on budget” - Gigi continues - “Because of this lack of support we cannot go on with our program and we regret we could not find any remedy. We are sorry mostly for all the people who follow us and wait during the special stages. This is what we regret most!

I wish to thank all the partners who helped me in creating this program. I also thank all my fans for their constant support”.

“Unfortunately, due to budget problems, we have been obliged to stop the program” said Pierfrancesco Zanchi, Aimont Racing Team manager “An important sponsor on which we counted, at last turned down its interest. I would like to thank personally all the partners that made this project feasible so far and in particularly Citroen Sport, PH Sport, Pirelli and the Italian Federation ACI CSAI”.

-GigiGalli.com

No comments: