Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gigi Galli back with Pirelli sponsorship


Gigi Galli will continue his relationship with Pirelli for at least two more FIA World Rally Championship events. Galli has entered the Uddeholm Swedish Rally and Rally Norway in a Citroen Xsara, but rather than using BF Goodrich tyres for these events, the Italian will ride on Pirelli rubber.

"I am obviously enthusiastic about the chance of continuing to compete thanks to, and with, Pirelli, a company that has actively supported me in recent WRC seasons," Galli said of the agreement. "The level of competitiveness of the Xsara WRC is always such as to enable me to fight for top placing, so I am confident about the Scandinavian rallies. In fact, last year on Pirellis, Daniel Carlsson and I battled for a long time in Mitsubishi Lancer WRCs for a place on the Swedish podium and I came close, taking fourth behind Daniel."

However, it remains to be seen whether or not Pirelli will simply supply the tyres for Galli's Scandinavian efforts or if he will again sport the red and yellow livery of the tyre maker.

-WRC.com

No comments: